This describes the Amazon Kindle Reader Technical Specifications.
- $99 Kindle Touch Technical Specifications at Amazon.
- $79 Kindle Reader Technical Specifications at Amazon.
*Older Version of the post.
The Kindle 2.0 isn’t released yet – when it is I’ll update this to reflect the specs of both versions. For now, this has the technical specifications for the Kindle Reader. At the bottom of this article is a table that lists all details. The ones of interest are –
- Kindle Reader has an eInk screen that is 600 by 800 pixels. It’s a 6″ diagonal E-Ink® electronic paper display, with a resolution at 167 ppi, 4-level gray scale.
- Battery Life: Leave wireless on and recharge every other day. Turn wireless off and read for a week or more before recharging. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage. Charge Time: Approximately 2 hours
- USB Port: USB 2.0 (mini-B connector) to optionally connect to a PC or Macintosh computer
- Audio: 3.5mm stereo audio jack, rear-mounted mono speaker.
- 1 year limited warranty and service. Also, you can return your Kindle for a full refund within 30 days.
- Kindle runs on the Linux kernel.
- The kindle reader come with 64MB Ram, a 256 MB internal storage of which only 180 MB is available and can hold about 200 books.
- The eReader has an SD card slot and 4GB SDHC cards have been shown to work.
- Kindle eBook Reader supports 4 ebook formats – Kindle format .azw, Plain Text .txt, and unprotected MobiPocket i.e. .mobi and .prc. The Kindle also supports audible audiobook files .aa, and .mp3 files.
- The music player plays files in random order.
- Amazon Whispernet uses Sprint’s EVDO network to provide wireless delivery of books and free internet access.
- Very lightweight – 292 grams. Weight: 10.3 ounces.
- Compact Size – 19.1 cm height, 13.5 cm width, and 1.8 cm thickness. Size (in inches): 7.5″ x 5.3″ x 0.7″.
This video from amazon shows and describes the Kindle Reader well –
In summary, the Amazon Kindle eBook Reader is an impressive device. Please do your research before buying a Kindle.
Detailed Technical Specifications Table for the Kindle Reader –
|Available||November 19, 2007|
167 ppi resolution,
19.1 × 13.5 cm,
LCD side scroller.
|Operating system||Linux (2.6.10 kernel). The device runs on a modified version of Linux based on the 2.6.10 kernel.|
|Memory||64 MB RAM,
256 MB (180 MB available) internal storage,
SD expansion slot.
Complete back up archive of all purchased material archived on Amazon Cloud.
|Networks||Amazon Whispernet. Wireless Connectivity to the internet with an experimental browser.|
|Connectivity||EVDO/CDMA AnyDATA wireless modem, USB 2.0 port (mini-B connector),
3.5 mm stereo headphone jack, built-in speaker,
AC power adapter jack.
|Battery||3.7V, 1530mAh lithium polymer, BA1001 model. Edit: A full day battery backup, in case of wireless usage while with no wireless, the battery can last for a week. Charging time is two hours.|
|Physical size||19.1 × 13.5 × 1.8 cm|
|Media capabilities||Kindle (.azw),
Plain text (.txt),
Unprotected Mobipocket (.mobi, .prc),
|Reference||Wireless Access to Wikipedia and an in-built dictionary.|
Filed under: kindle Tagged: | amazon kindle specs, amazon kindle technical specifications, kindle specs, kindle tech spec, kindle technical specification, kindle technical specifications, technical specifications