Kindle 2.0 preorder and details on new features available now. Ships Feb 24th – Kindle 2.0 release was confirmed at Amazon’s ‘important press conference’ on the 9th of February at the Morgan Library and Museum in New York.
Here are the address and number for the Morgan in case you want to visit, and chances are it might be limited seating so do call ahead –
225 Madison Avenue at 36th Street
New York, NY 10016
Tel: (212) 685-0008
The Morgan Library and Museum is a good choice (description below) and you can take a look at its Corsair Catalog which includes the recent addition of Medieval and Renaissance manuscripts.
Located in midtown Manhattan at Madison Avenue and 36th Street, the Morgan houses one of the world’s greatest collections of artistic, literary, and musical works, from ancient times to the medieval and Renaissance periods to the present day.
A few thoughts spring to mind –
- In the poll we had recently, 45% of respondents believed that the Kindle 2 would be released in Feb 2009 (and not Mar/Apr or May/June or 2nd half 2009), and looks like they were right.
- The obvious, obvious announcement is Kindle 2.0.
- If it’s not Kindle 2.0, the candidates are
- KindleText – A Textbook Edition Kindle primarily for college students.
- A rival to the Google Book Digitization Project and Google Books for out of print books.
- An app store for the Kindle.
- Opening up the Kindle’s online store for all devices.
I’ll have Kindle 2.0 updates for you as and when more news on this conference comes out, and definitely if/when Kindle 2.0 is announced on the 9th.