Amazon has quite a helpful Manage My Kindle Section. You’ll probably get access to it before your Kindle 2 actually arrives, and here’s a short guide to what you can do -
Your Kindles + Your Kindle Approved Email List
The first two sections on the Manage Your Kindle page -
- Sections 1 is for you to Register Your Kindle 2, Kindle 1, and give each of them a nickname.
- Also in Section 1, you can specify the email address for each of your Kindles. This is the email address to which you can send attachments.
- In Section 2, you have to specify the list of emails that are authorized to send your Kindle 2/Kindle documents. Its a good idea to avoid spam.
- You can also deregister a Kindle, delete email addresses, and change your Kindle email address or nickname.
1 Click Payment Method + Kindle Subscriptions
The next 2 sections of the Manage Your Kindle page let you -
- Specify your 1 Click Payment method in Section 3. Obviously, 1 click works well since it lends itself to more impetuous purchases and much easier purchases.
- Section 4 shows your Kindle 2/Kindle 1 subscriptions. You can choose which of your Kindle 2s/Kindle 1s the subscriptions get delivered to.
- Next to each of your subscriptions is a + button that you can click to open up options that let you download current or past editions of your subscription to your PC or to your Kindle (via wireless WhisperNet).
- You can also cancel your subscriptions from here.
Kindle Open Orders, Kindle Orders + Individual Charges
The last 2 sections of the Manage Your Kindle section let you -
- See what Open Orders you have in Section 5.
- Look at all your orders and charges ($0.10 for converting documents) in Section 6, and download any of these to your PC or transfer it to any of your Kindle 2s or Kindle 1s.
There are two other smaller sections –
A simple Manage Synchronization between Your Devices link right after Section 6 (Kindle Orders) that takes you to a page that lets you turn on WhisperSync.
And on the right side column of the page a section that shows you the delivery status of your latest orders (in terms of them being transferred to your Kindle/ Kindle 2 or pending).