Obssessable have a Kindle 2 unboxing post.
They thus join the swelling ranks of people who are totally enthralled by, taking videos of, clicking photos of, and blogging about their Kindle 2 unboxings.
Why are people so obssessed with the unboxing?
- Is it that after all the waiting that moment of gratification overpowers them.
- Does the Kindle 2’s packaging really inspire so much wonder? People can’t seem to get over the ‘Once upon a Time’ and the pamphlet/quick-start guide cover.
- Are people bored to death to the point where video-taping the unboxing becomes appealing.
At this point the K2’s unboxing is getting more attention than Vera of the Seven Veils.
Here are a few things I wish people would take videos of instead –
- Book Covers on the Kindle for books they’ve bought.
- Kindle Skins and Covers – especially customized ones.
- Videos of rare books.
- Videos of people actually reading a book on the Kindle.
- All the hacks we keep hearing about and never see videos of i.e. personalized screen-savers on Kindle 2, using the Jesse tool that does on-Kindle format conversion, extended font support, Jesse tool (again) that allows Internet via USB, etc.
Here’s to hoping people stop unboxing their Kindle 2s in public.