Bridgestone made the obvious logical move and jumped into ePaper.
Its pretty cool. Some quick thoughts -
- Would go well with Kindle 4.
- 0.8 second refresh rate (according to Engadget) – However, the Bridgestone rep claims its 5 times faster than existing technology.
- The touch screen is impressive – love how he just draws stuff on it.
- Color is achieved by taking black and white eInk and placing color filters over individual pixels.
- The product road-map/ future vision lists everything (retail, newspapers, cellphones, factory automation) except books. The rep does mention ebooks.
- They’re already being used in supermarkets and retail stores in Japan and abroad for inventory management etc.