There are now 244 dx reviews from actual owners at Amazon. To get a better picture of how owners like their Kindle DX, I went through every dx review and this post is the result.
If you prefer, You can look at a full kindle dx review. Else, lets proceed –
DX Review – Number of DX Reviews per Day
Gives a good idea of what DX supply looks like, given that supply is currently the constricting factor –
You’ll see that there are two distinct peaks and one trough –
- Peak when the DX first came out.
- Peak around July 4th. This could just be a lot of people finding time during the long weekend to review the dx.
- The trough stretches throughout – June 25th is when dx delays shot up to 4-6 weeks.
Graph is courtesy NCES Graph Utility.
DX Review – Ratings from Owners
We’d covered dx review statistics before and had found this distribution amongst the first 100 legitimate dx reviews –
- 5 star DX review: 48 owners.
- 4 star DX review: 27 owners.
- 3 star DX review: 18 owners.
- 2 star Review: 3 owners.
- 1 star Review: 4 owners.
That translates to a 4.12 stars average on 100 reviews.
The current distribution, among the first 241 legitimate dx reviews, comes out to be –
- 5 star dx review: 122.
- 4 star review: 63.
- 3 star dx reviews: 38.
- 2 star dx reviews: 8.
- 1 star dx review: 13.
Across 244 dx reviews, the average rating is 4.1188. That’s almost exactly the rating after the 100th dx review.
DX Review Insights
- The pace of people adding dx reviews is 244 over 26 days, which equates to 9.4 dx reviews per day.
- As a comparison, the Kindle 2 has 4,678 reviews over 133 days. That’s 35.2 reviews per day. Almost 4 times the rate of the dx.
- Assuming 1 out of 100 dx owners adds a review, that’s 940 dx kindles being shipped out per day.
- Perhaps the ratio is more, perhaps less.
An average rating of 4.2 stars out of 5 is pretty favorable (and it’s been around that mark consistently). After reviewing every legitimate dx review, it seems that supply problems are really holding back the dx.