Just added a Kindle Page Number Tool that lets you find the approximate location in a kindle book corresponding to a page in the physical edition. The key word is ‘approximate’.
This is accessible through your kindle browser. It is NOT a Kindle hack or an on-board tool. Just go to bookmonk.com and there’s a link at the bottom of the page titled ‘Kindle Page Number Tool’.
Here’s a short video guide – [vimeo 6436350]
The Kindle Page Numbers Tool lets you enter a bunch of different information i.e.
- Number of Locations.
- Number of Book Pages
- Location at which Chapter 1 starts.
And then pick one out of 4 options i.e.
- Find location for a page number i.e. where in the kindle book would a particular page number be.
- Find page number for a location i.e. what page does location 3,345 (or any other) correspond to.
- Percentage complete (useful if only 6000 out of 9000 total locations are the actual book).
- Time Left, based on how many location you’ve read and how much time they have taken.
- The results are approximate. However, they’re better than nothing.
- Its been tested somewhat – however, there might still be undiscovered errors.
- If you find an error please leave a comment.
- Due to rounding etc. you’ll often see 29% instead of 30%, 2980 location instead of 3000.
- My understanding of locations is that they do not match each other in size i.e. the results of this tool are pretty approximate.
- If you have a feature request please leave a comment.
- I don’t know of any way to get this on-board the Kindle. HTML forms are not supported so there would be no way to get it to take input if we used the html as .txt trick.
- Here’s a kindle tool start page you can download and add to your Kindle for direct links from the home page. The name of the book will be kindletools. It MUST be saved as a .txt file and must be moved to your Kindle/documents folder.
There is also a kindle browser accessible, super simple calculator added. The link again is at bookmonk.com at the bottom of the page and in the kindletools.txt file.