The Kindle 3 is still 23 days away and already the thought of not reading on my Kindle 2 is beginning to bother me.
It’s been a year and 5 months. Books. Checking up facts for posts. Comparisons, Reviews, Photos and Videos.
Playing around with the KDK Beta. KDK Apps are the silver lining – because will still have to test apps on Kindle 2.
Here are the things that are hard to let go of -
- The fact that it’s linked to the pleasure of reading.
- The whiteness.
- The row of number keys. In an alternative universe Kindle 3 probably still has them.
- The slider that almost doesn’t work.
- The 5-way that keeps going left instead of down.
- Spending way too much time on Folders and then finding out there’s a way to add all the books at once.
- One handed reading in bed.
- Pressing Home thinking it’s Previous Page.
- Figuring out how to highlight across pages and the disproportionate joy of it.
It’s strange how every purchase seemed wrong – the iPhone, the iPad, the Nook. The Nook seemed the worst of all.
However, the Kindle 3 is – well, it’s the only wrong purchase – because it’s meant to replace my Kindle 2.