First, for your Kindle, a late night free kindle books update -
- Reaper by Rachel Vincent. Price: $0. Genre: Novella, Soul Screamers, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy. Rated 4 stars on 1 review.
- Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl, April Henry. Price: $0. Genre: Thriller, Mystery. Rated 3.5 stars on 197 reviews. This was free once earlier too – However, it was probably a long time back.
- Chess Cafe Puzzle Sampler by Karsten Mueller. Price: $0. Genre: Chess, Games.
- Sophie’s Secret by Nancy Rue. Price: $0. Genre: Children, Religious, Growing Up. Rated 4.5 stars on 2 reviews.
Next, let’s quickly take a stab at answering an interesting question.
Will the number of book offers increase during holiday season?
There’s a really simple way to answer that -
- If the Kindle really is an effective means of bringing customers to Amazon.com and getting them to buy other things from Amazon – Yes.
- If sales of the Kindle go up when potential eReader buyers see lots of free offers – Yes.
- If neither of the above holds true – Probably Not.
We know from our post on how kindle book offers are distributed that we tend to see 10 or so offers on Mondays, a few on Tuesdays and Fridays, and zero or one offers on other days.
If during the next 25 days we see Amazon switch to a model where there are multiple free offers every day then we know the Kindle is playing a big role in driving Amazon’s sales and/or free offers are playing a big role in driving Kindle sales.