For your Kindle, here are 4 offers –
- Deadly Sanctuary by Sylvia Nobel. Price: $0. Genre: Mystery, Southwest Lore, Thriller. Rated 4.5 stars on 38 reviews. A repeat from a few days ago.
- The Winner’s Manual by Jim Tressel. Price: $0. Genre: Life Lessons, Football, Inspirational. Rated 5 stars on 34 reviews.
- Happily Ever After (Deep Haven Series #1) by Susan May Warren. Price: $0. Genre: Romance, Love Story, Christian. Rated 4.5 stars on 16 reviews.
- The Justice Game by Randy Singer. Price: $0. Genre: Gun Control, Legal Thriller, Christian. Rated 4.5 stars on 28 reviews.
It’d be nice to get more balance. On the plus side, they are all very well reviewed.
Free Books Wishlist
- Clear indication of when an offer ends.
- Equal distribution across all genres. Certain genres, like Literary Fiction, are almost completely ignored.
- No repeats. It’s great for people who just got a Kindle, that an offer from November is being repeated. It’s not great for everyone else.
- Give a shot to more indie authors.
- Give a shot to more authors.
Speaking of which, there’s a new Kindle Deal of the Day page that’s opened up. It seems to be Amazon trying, once again, to promote books in the $3 to $10 range.
Kindle Deal of the Day page
Some of the details –
- 18 book offers a day.
- All priced at $2.99.
- Across a variety of genres.
- Books on offer change every day.
- Just started a few days ago.
- See just 1 book today that looks interesting, and even that isn’t very compelling. However, you might find something you like.
- There are 4 books related to World War II, 2 Fantasy books (one of which is for children, and very well reviewed), and 3 romance novels.
Amazon finally begins to address the lack of a Kindle Deals section. Not a bad first step.
It’s a super-interesting way to go about it. In a store of over 700,000 books, we have 100 bestsellers, the category bestsellers, around 100 free books a month, and 18 book deals a day. It would be interesting to see, what the impact of being in each of these would be, on a book’s sales.