I’m super happy to finally start releasing our Kindle Apps for all of you.
The first one is Flip It! for Kindle – a game to exercise your brain. We like to think it’s very good value for money at $1.
Here’s what it looks like (note that while the border and the squares are the same the background behind the grid was removed to make the cursor faster) –
The main features of Flip It –
- Built for the Kindle from the ground up. Every single thing is built with Kindle owners in mind.
- It’s a lot of fun to play. This was a game that people just loved playing.
- There are 40 levels. Thanks to Amazon for suggesting we increase from 14 levels to 40 levels. Also, for a lot of good suggestions like adding a Timed Mode, tracking statistics, and adding a timer.
- There are two modes – Timed Mode and Normal Mode.
- There are 8 user profiles. That means you and your family or friends can all have your own profile.
- The number of flips you took to finish the game and the time you took are tracked. So you can try to improve on your scores. Note: 75% of the first 20 levels can be finished in 10 or less flips.
- There are lots of useful additions – you can pause a game, you can leave a game and resume it later, there’s detailed Help with illustrations, and so forth.
At $1 we feel it’s a steal, which is probably why it’s #1 on the Movers and Shakers List.
Here’s a video showing gameplay (you can click HD in the corner to see it in high definition, please note that the picture above is a far better indicator of how the game looks) – [wpvideo cSBN7mI7]
Credits for FlipIt
80% or more of the credit goes to the developer, Sergii, who did most of the graphics (the squares, the title page, etc.) and all of the coding. Being able to get all these images to update quickly on eInk is ridiculously good – He’s just a superstar developer.
Look for more Kindle Apps from him and from our other superstar developers – hopefully soon.
The rest of the credit is probably divided between –
- Amazon’s Kindle team. They provided a lot of good suggestions and were very focused on making sure we made things very easy and stable for Kindle owners.
- The designers who helped with the design – Sergey S, Digant.
By the way, FlipIt is an app Sergii did out of his own interest, in between other apps. So it’s literally his labor of love, with a lot of polish courtesy Amazon.
Please do take a look at Flip It
Update: Thank you very much for your support. It’s already up from #23 to #15. #15 means on the first page on Amazon.com’s Kindle Bestsellers list so it’s a huge help.
We don’t really have huge resources for marketing or the brand name of EA. So it’s literally up to Kindle owners whether we survive or not.
If you find the app interesting, please do consider buying it. If you like it, please do tell other people about it. We have other Kindle Apps coming out (most of which are apps and not games), and we’d love to keep making Kindle Apps.
Also, a lot of thanks to Andrys Basten at Kindle World and Stephen Windwalker at Kindle Nation and Nate at The Digital Reader for writing about FlipIt and helping create awareness at a time when it had no sales rank or exposure. And to Kindle owners who took a chance on an unknown app from an unknown company and got us to #23 in the charts in 1 day.