For your Kindle, some deals -
- The Color of Heaven by Julianne MacLean/E. V. Mitchell. Price: $1. Genre: Redemption and Self-Discovery, Literature, Wonderful Story. This book has jumped from #12,083 to #96. That’s almost unheard of. Rated 5 stars on 3 reviews. Update: It’s probably so high because Julianne MacLean/E. V. Mitchell is an award-winning , USA Today bestselling author of 15 historical romance novels.
- Gone by Michael Grant. Price: $1.99. Genre: Young Adult, Grade 7 Up, Being a Teen. Rated 4.5 stars on 121 reviews. There’s a $1.99 version and a $7.99 version. This is a promotion in advance of a new release by the author. The book is the first in the series.
- Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost. Price: $1.99. Genre: Gothic, Vampires, Fantasy. Rated 4.5 stars on 119 reviews. Jeaniene Frost is described as a USA Today Bestseller. This is also a deal intended to promote a new release. The title is the same as Book 4 in the series but the cover is that of the first book in the series. So – have no idea which you’ll get. There’s another version that’s $6.99.
- Tinsel: A Search for America’s Christmas Present by Hank Stuever. Price: $1.95. Genre: Holidays, Christmas, Religion & Spirituality. Rated 4 stars on 61 reviews.
- Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles) by Heather C. Hudak. Price: $1. Genre: Horror, Occult, Contemporary Fantasy. Rated 4 stars on 18 reviews. This book is always showing up in the Movers and Shakers List.
Quite a few good deals.
How long before a $2 book isn’t considered a deal any more?
You know what – these $1.99 deals are only meant to promote a new release. However, you have to wonder if in a year or two a $2 book won’t be considered a deal any more.
Already, there are lots of $1 books that don’t make such lists – Because they’ve gotten 3.5 stars instead of 4 stars, because they are buried in the Kindle Store, because the cover is a little too bland.
How long before a deal is defined as a 50 cent book? How long before every author has her first novel free?
Update: 2 years ago ‘deals’ used to be $5 books. A year ago ‘deals’ used to be $1 indie authors and $5 bestselling authors. Now ‘deals’ are $2 books from bestselling authors. There are so many indie authors at $1 that we could spend all day going through which books to pick. All the signs are so clear – Authors will give away their books just to ensure they get read.