For your Kindle, courtesy Happy Reader Joyce and Arca Data, we have –
- Howling for My Baby by Beverly Rae. Price: $0. Genre: True Love, Humor, Erotica, Erotic Romance.
- Number Slide: A Free Puzzle for Kindle from Amazon Digital Services. Price: $0. Genre: Kindle App, Kindle Puzzle. Nice of Amazon to add one more free kindle game.
Thanks to Arca Data at MobileRead for the update on the app offer.
There are 6 books priced above $0 showing up in free book searches. Unless Amazon is playing a bad joke these should be free sometime tomorrow. Will add a new post for them tomorrow – when they actually go to $0.
Next, we have some book deals.
Kindle Book Deals
- Montfort, The Founder of Parliament: The Early Years (1229 to 1243) by Katherine Ashe. Price: $2.99. Genre: Medieval History, Non Fiction, Good Historian + Good Storyteller. Rated 4.5 stars on 11 reviews. The follow-on book is also discounted to $3.
Katherine Ashe’s Montfort, a speculative novel in four volumes, is the product of 33 years of research, with new insights into the life of this pivotal man whose actions in 1258 changed the world.
- Clouded Rainbow by Jonathan Sturak. Price: $1. Genre: Suspense, Thriller, Love & Devotion, Interesting Book, Photoshop Nightmare Cover. Rated 3.5 stars on 18 reviews.
After that, let’s look at some low-priced apps.
Kindle Apps for a buck or two
- There are two checkers apps available – Checkers by Code Mystics, Checkers by A Gamz. Both look good and both are rated 5 stars.
- Oak Systems released CodeWord (Codewords and Cryptograms) today and it promises to be a hit like their first Word Search app. No reviews yet.
- There were also two Reversii games released recently. Neither of the developers has contacted me, so picking the underdog – Rockin Reversi from Blue Fang Games. Price: $1.99. Genre: Board Game, Puzzle Game, Kindle App. No reviews yet.
Finally, a mention for Simon Wood – He’s reduced his indie novel to $1 and has jumped up to #538 sales rank.
The Fall Guy by Simon Wood. Price: $1. Genre: Hard-Boiled, Thriller, Suspense. Rated 4.5 stars on 10 reviews.
Amazon seems to be hoarding up its free offers for April.
Well, for your Kindle, here are some deals until Amazon opens up its Free Book Chest again.
- Rogue Forces with Bonus Material by Dale Brown. Price: $1.99. Genre: Technothriller, Private Sector Contractors in Iraq, War, Military Thriller. ‘With Bonus Material’ sounds so much better than ‘With Ad for my New Book’. Rated 4.5 stars on 14 reviews.
- Diary & Confession of a Hungry Celebrity Runaway (SpellBound Cafe) by Laura Freed and Moxie Baker. Price: $1.99. Genre: Chick Lit, Humor, Cooking. Rated 4.5 stars on 37 reviews. Yup, it’s not enough to have just one – we need both a diary and a confession. Perhaps we could tack on ‘True Feelings’ and ‘Memoirs’ and make it a 4-way.
- Slim to None by Jenny Gardiner. Price: $2.99. Genre: Obviously Incognito Food Critic, Love Food, Hate Food, Funny & Touching. Rated 4.5 stars on 11 reviews.
- Hawk of May by Gillian Bradshaw. Price: $1.59. Genre: Arthurian Legend, Historical Fiction, Historical Fantasy. Rated 4.5 stars on 22 reviews.
Bradshaw’s Hopwood-winning series starter returns to shelves 30 years after its original release. Gwalchmai, aka the legendary warrior Gawain, tells the story of how he came to King Arthur’s court. In boyhood, he studied sorcery with his mother, Morgawse, nearly falling under the spell of darkness before devoting himself to the light. He believes the powers of good want him to follow Arthur, but his path is blocked first by enemy Saxons and then by the king’s own rejection.
Thanks to the official kindle forum and MobileRead for these deals.
For your Kindle, here are some deals (they are heavy on indie selections) –
- Driftwood Cottage by Sherryl Woods. Price: $5.59. Genre: Romance, Fiction. No reviews yet.
Single mom Heather Donovan’s dreams of home and family are tantalizingly within reach when she settles in Chesapeake Shores. The welcoming arms of the boisterous, loving O’Brien clan embrace her and her son. But accepting their support seems to further alienate her son’s father, Connor O’Brien. His parents’ divorce and his career as a high-powered divorce attorney have left him jaded about marriage.
- My One and Only by Kristin Higgins. Price: $5.59. Genre: Romance, Contemporary Romance, Second Chances. Rated 4.5 stars on 7 reviews.
Starred Review. Higgins gives likable divorce attorney Harper James a second chance at love in this funny, poignant romance. Harper is horrified when her stepsister, Willa, announces that she’s marrying the brother of Harper’s ex-husband, Nick Lowery. Harper and Nick married young, and while their relationship quickly flamed out, the spark between them never really died. Due to a travel snafu after Willa’s wedding, Harper and Nick are forced to journey across the country together. Soon, Harper is examining the reasons their marriage failed, her unresolved feelings for Nick, and her abandonment issues.
- With a Vengeance by Marcus Wynde. Price: $1. Genre: Thriller, Spy Stories, Agents & Terrorists, War. Rated 5 stars on 19 reviews. The best-selling author of No Other Option, Warriors in the Shadows, and Brothers in Arms (which are all $7 or $8 and rated 4.5 stars) returns after 6 years.
User Review: In my opinion, Marcus Wynne is the finest author of this genre to date. I became a die-hard fan after his first three novels and anxiously awaited “With A Vengeance.” The wait was well worth it.
- Origin by J. A. Konrath. Price: $1. Genre: Horror, Suspense, Thriller. Rated 4.5 stars on 123 reviews. J. A. Konrath tries to get another book into the Top 100.
- Dead to Writes by Cathy Wiley. Price: $1. Genre: Woman Sleuths, Mystery & Thriller, Cozy Mystery. Rated 4.5 stars on 17 reviews. It’s racing up the charts. It’s $1 only for the month of March.
As the Big 6 Publishers incrementally increase prices, indie authors incrementally decrease them. The contrast is becoming starker by the day.
Two indie authors try $1 and $1.99
First, we have Donna Fasano – Taking Love in Stride. Price: $1. Genre: Romance, Two Type-A Personalities Clash, Contemporary Romance. Rated 5 stars on 2 reviews.
Second, we have Simon Wood – The Fall Guy. Price: $1.99. Genre: Crime, Mystery, Twisty & Action-Packed. Rated 4.5 stars on 10 reviews.
Todd Collins has failed in every job he’s ever undertaken, but that all changes when he backs his jalopy in a shiny, new Porsche belonging to a drug dealer. When the police stop the drug dealer for a broken taillight that Todd has caused and discover a cocaine shipment, a West Coast kingpin holds Todd responsible. On the run from organized crime, Todd discovers his true calling.
No idea why an indie author would pick $2 over $1. At least at $3 there is the illusion of ‘making more profit per copy sold’, which is obviously far more important to some authors than ‘selling more books’ or ‘making more total profit’.