For your Kindle, from the Kindle Store -
- The Abandoned by Amanda Stevens. Price: $0. Genre: Prequel Novella, Ghost Story, Mystery.
There are rules for dealing with ghosts. Too bad Ree Hutchins doesn’t know them.
When her favorite patient at a private mental hospital passes away, psychology student Ree Hutchins mourns the elderly woman’s death. But more unsettling is her growing suspicion that something unnatural is shadowing her.
Amateur ghost hunter Hayden Priest believes Ree is being haunted.
- Photographs & Phantoms by Cindy Spencer Page. Price: $0. Genre: Prequel Novella, Steampunk, Strange Phenomena at Seaside Studio.
- Magic University: The Siren and the Sword by Cecilia Tan. Price: $0. Genre: Erotic Fantasy, Harry Potter Gone Wild, Magic Vs a Siren. A new student at a University of Magic and Luuve (hidden within Harvard) uses his skills to take on a Siren.
- The Condition (Low Price) by Jennifer Haigh. Price: $2.99. Genre: Family Mythologies, Family Dynamics, Turner Syndrome, the condition of being human. The book is rated 4 stars on 118 reviews. Hardcover is $9.86 so it’s quite a steal.
Starred Review. In her third novel (after Baker Towers), New York Times best-selling author Haigh weaves a realistic contemporary tale centering on a 12-year-old girl with Turner syndrome and her relationship with her fractured family.
Twenty years into the future, a trip to Cape Cod and down memory lane brings the family its first wave of honest and open communication and maybe even a glimmer of hope.
- Glasruhen Gate by Catherine Cooper. Price: $1. Genre: Children’s Books, Fantasy, The One, Extraordinary Magical Adventure. The first book in the series, The Golden Acorn, is free. So you could get the first two books in the series for just $1.
- The Gifts: A Jacody Ivers Mystery by Linda S. Prather. Price: $1. Genre: Ghosts, Horror, Psychological Thriller, Supernatural Mystery. Rated 5 stars on 10 reviews. There is also a prequel, Sacred Secrets, for $1.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free. The Dragon’s Path by Daniel Abraham. Price: $9.99. Genre: Epic Fantasy, Fantasy, An Orphan and a General, Year’s Best Fantasy (perhaps). Rated 5 stars on 5 reviews. If you buy this you get a free Advance Reading Copy of Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey (which is Daniel Abraham and George R. R. Martin’s assistant Ty Franck). The free book is included in this ebook. You could also preorder Leviathan Wakes (releases in July) and get Dragon’s Path free then (in that book).
- Obama’s BlackBerry by Kasper Hauser. Price: $1.99. Genre: Comedy, Political Humor, Funny and not so funny.
The Dragon’s Path: Starred Review. Abraham (the Seasons of War quartet) starts this rich, exciting, and fresh epic fantasy series opener in a fairly standard fashion: an orphaned girl and a once great general escape from a city under siege with the help of a traveling theater troupe. But that’s where the clichés end, for Marcus Wester would far rather guard humble caravans than cruel kings, and Cithrin bel Sarcour’s loyalty is not to her long-dead noble parents but to the Medean Bank that took her in.
Leviathan Wakes: Welcome to the future.
Humanity has colonized the solar system – Mars, the Moon, the Asteroid Belt and beyond – but the stars are still out of our reach.
Jim Holden is XO of an ice miner making runs from the rings of Saturn to the mining stations of the Belt. When he and his crew stumble upon a derelict ship, The Scopuli, they find themselves in possession of a secret they never wanted. A secret that someone is willing to kill for – and kill on a scale unfathomable to Jim and his crew. War is brewing in the system unless he can find out who left the ship and why.
Some of these deals were courtesy the Discounted Books Thread at the official Kindle forum and others were courtesy MobileRead. Amazon really, really needs to bring back its Deal of the Day feature.