First, Woot has $90 refurbished Kindle 2s.
Quite a deal if you factor in the free 3G. Probably Amazon trying to warm up for the Nook 2 announcement tomorrow.
Read a few of Woot’s descriptions – so eccentric. Read a few of Groupon’s descriptions – so charming. There’s a lesson in there somewhere.
Next, we get some free kindle book offers courtesy Happy Reader Joyce –
- Your Brain and Business: The Neuroscience of Great Leaders by Srinivasan S. Pillay. Price: $0. Genre: Neuroscience, Business, Your Brain is more beautiful than any leaders’ brain. A repeat that’s rated 4 stars on 14 reviews.
- Investor’s Library: Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Income Investing (Collection) by Harry Domash. Price: $0. Genre: Investing, Technical Analysis, Business, How to Help Pay Bankers’ Bonuses.
- The Truth About Negotiations by Leigh L. Thompson. Price: $0. Genre: Business, Management, Negotiating, How to buy an island on the cheap. Rated 4 stars on 8 reviews.
- Germs, Genes, & Civilization: How Epidemics Shaped Who We Are Today by David P. Clark. Price: $0. Genre: Biology, Glorifying Germs & Genes, Gaijins. Repeated yet again – If free books were germs, this book would be the common cold. Rated 3.5 stars on 50 reviews.
- Who Is My Neighbour? Being a Good Samaritan in a Connected World by Steve Moore. Price: $0. Genre: Australian TV Shows (not really), Being a Good Neighbour, Religious & Spiritual. Rated 5 stars on 3 reviews.
- Welcome to College: A Christ-Follower’s Guide for the Journey by Jonathan Morrow. Price: Christian, Educational. Rated 5 stars on 11 reviews.
Thanks to Joyce for catching these so early (yet again).
What a remarkable coincidence …
That $90 refurbished Kindle 2s are being sold just a day before B&N’s *special* announcement.
That B&N got a $1 billion buyout offer just a few days before the launch of what might be the most important eReader launch in 2011.
That we have been starved of any interesting eReader news for ages and suddenly rumors of a Nook 2 and a Kindle Tablet are heating up at the same time.
That real fruit popsicles taste 3 times better than fake-fruit popsicles but both stain your clothes equally effectively.