Nook 2? What Nook 2? Too busy reading all the free books on my Kindle.
Courtesy Happy Reader Joyce, eReaderIQ, and the vagaries of Amazon’s search engine –
- Self-Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Price: $0. Genre: Philosophy, Emerson, 170 year old book written yesterday. Rated 4.5 stars on 13 reviews. Free only until May 27th.
- Gunboat Number 14 by Jens Kuhn. Price: $0. Genre: Historical Fiction, Sweden Vs Russia in 1808, Spies more dangerous than Russian Guns. Rated 4 stars on 1 review.
- Why Math isn’t an Awful Nerd by Jason Marshall. Price: $0. Genre: Elegance of Math, Perfect Squares & Patterns, A Novel Approach to Mathematics.
- Famous Men of Science by Sarah Knowles Bolton. Price: $0. Genre: Scientists, History of Science. Rated 5 stars on 1 review. Covers Galileo, Newton, Humboldt, Davy, and more.
- Kali: The Food Goddess, A Compilation of Delightful Recipes and Memories of Food by Kali Amanda Browne. Price: $0. Genre: Gastronomical Delights, Recipes, Essays on Cooking. It’s just 73 kb and has 25 recipes.
- Before Death by Eleonora “Gigi” Bulz. Price: $0. Genre: Fiction. Even the Publisher’s website has no information other than the fact that this is 124 pages.
- She Wolf by Eleonara “Gigi” Bulz. Price: $0. Genre: Contemporary Fiction. I wish the reviewer would write what the book is about – all that’s listed is that the editing is terrible.
To add to that we get two good deals –
- Soul Song: A Dirk & Steele Novel by Marjorie M. Liu. Price: $1.99. Genre: Guess what genre a book titled Dirk & Steele could be, Merman enslaved to a witch, Love Story with lots of Sex. Rated 4 stars on 73 reviews. Starred Review from Publishers Weekly.
- In the Dark of Dreams: A Dirk & Steele Novel by Marjorie M. Liu. Price: $1.99. Genre: More Dirk & Steele, Remington Steele on Steroids, Paranormal Romance in the Water. Another Starred Review from Publishers weekly and rated 3.5 stars on 19 reviews. Love the cover – The hero (Dirk? Steele? Mr. Merman?) is more worried about saving his hairstyle than his woman.
Let’s group-write a paranormal romance series called Tom, Dick, & Harry. Tom can be a Sheep-Monkey hybrid with special powers (like putting you to sleep and swinging on trees). Dick is just the annoying one with useless super powers. Harry is the secret prince of UK … wait a minute.