For your Kindle, a ton of new free book offers (that just happen to coincide with the day Nook 2 reviews come out):
Update: These were found by Happy Reader Joyce.
- The Sentinels: Fortunes of War by Gordon Zuckerman. Price: $0. Genre: Suspense Thriller, 1938 and Conspiracies, Unleash the Dogs of War, Bareknuckled Action. Rated 4.5 stars on 11 reviews.
- Solitary: A Novel by Travis Thrasher. Price: $0. Genre: Really Creepy, It’s always the beautiful girls who have dark secrets, Another High School Love+Horror mix, Number Four in a horror twist. Rated 4.5 stars on 44 reviews.
- Admit One: My Life in Film by Emmett James. Price: $0. Genre: A Love of Cinema, Coming of Age, South London in the 1980s. Rated 4 stars on 31 reviews. This is a repeat.
- The Voyage of Promise by Kay Marshall Strom. Price: $0. Genre: Part 2 of Grace in Africa, The Slave Trade, Triumphant Women, Pretty in Blue. Rated 4 stars on 5 reviews.
- The Deadliest Sin by Caroline Richards. Price: $0. Genre: Historical Romance, Dangerous Hungers, The Dark Dreary Gates of the Castle. Rated 4.5 stars on 5 reviews.
- In the Belly of Jonah: A Liv Bergen Mystery by Sandra Brannan. Price: $0. Genre: An Amateur Sleuth and a FBI Agent, Serial Killer with An Artistic Bend and an Unhealthy Appetite for Women, Woman Sleuth. Rated 4.5 stars on 12 reviews. Gets my vote for weirdest title of the month.
- This Fine Life: A Novel by Eva Marie Everson. Price: $0. Genre: Religious Fiction, Summer of ’59 (the best days of someone’s lives), Coming of Age in a Wonderful Age. Rated 4.5 stars on 27 reviews.
- Journey to the Well: A Novel by Diana Wallas Taylor. Price: $0. Genre: Historical Fiction, The Woman at Jacob’s Well, Hope & Redemption. Rated 4.5 stars on 18 reviews.
- Marked: a Northern Shifters Novel by Joely Skye. Price: $0. Genre: Paranormal Romance, Two Sexy Alpha Males (interested in each other, not women), Romance and Dramatic Satisfying Conclusions. Not sure why women love this book on 2 sexy alpha males who are into each other, but they do (perhaps the whole ‘we chase what we can’t have’ thing).
- The Swan House (The Swan House Series #1) by Elizabeth Musser. Price: $0. Genre: Coming of Age, A Fine Atlanta Family, Racial Turmoil and Tragedy. Rated 4.5 stars on 23 reviews. Everyone seems to be Coming of Age today.
- L. A. Noire: The Collected Stories by Rockstar Games. Price: $0. Genre: 1940s Hollywood, Suspense, Mystery, Noir. Short stories by Megan Abbott and Joyce Carol Oates and Lawrence Block and more.
- Crossing the Line by Stephen Jay Schwartz. Price: $0. Genre: Mystery & Thriller, Crimes Unimaginable, Vice Cop. Rated 2 stars on 16 reviews.
- The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays of Wendell Berry by Wendell Berry and Norman Wirzba. Price: $0. Genre: Literary Criticism & Theory, An Agrarian Alternative, Health of the Land. Rated 4.5 stars on 9 reviews. At our current rate (with oil and energy usage) we are all going to be living on farms in 20 years anyways – might as well get some tips.
- I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 1) by Kate Johnson. Price: $0. Genre: Children’s Fiction, Children’s Books, Britishisms, Multicolored cocktails. Rated 4.5 stars on 21 reviews. Never underestimate the blonde, or the power of stereotypes on a book cover.
As you shall shortly see, these 15 free books aren’t the only distraction Amazon has for us. There’s a delectable selection of $1 deals coming up in the next post.