For your Kindle Fire and your Kindle – a mixed bag of Kindle Book Deals.
- Kindle Daily Deal – Click today and you get today’s deal. Click tomorrow and you get tomorrow’s deal. Today’s Deal is Empire of Dreams by Giannina Braschi. Translated by Tess O’Dwyer and rated 4.5 stars on 9 reviews. It’s just $1.
- The Magician’s Nephew: The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis. Price: $2.99. Genre: Children’s Classics. Rated 4.5 stars on 306 reviews. 244 pages. This book is the first book according to Narnian time. It is not the first published and I’d think it’d be best to start with that one (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe).
- Narnian time – where marmalade and scones are breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Fleshmarket Alley: An Inspector Rebus Novel by Ian Rankin. Price: $1.99. Genre: Mystery, Inspector Rebus, Hard-boiled. Rated 4 stars on 37 reviews. Starred Review from Publishers Weekly. 576 pages.
- A Plain and Simple Christmas by Amy Clipston. Price: $2.99. Genre: Christmas, Amish, Bird-in-Hand and Kauffman Amish Bakery. Rated 4.5 stars on 42 reviews. 193 pages.
Then we have some preorder specials. These are all books discounted to $1 or $2 to encourage sales of the series or of new releases by the author. Size is shown as 5 KB only because it’s a preorder. These are full books and not 5 kb sized pamphlets.
- Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison. Price: $1.00. Genre: Rachel Morgan the Bounty Hunter, Vampire Roommate, Vampire Admirer, Horror & Adventure, Hot Sex. This is rated 4.5 stars on 157 reviews and is Book 3 in the ‘The Hollows’ series (which all seem to stand well on their own).
- Warlord: An Alex Hawke Novel by Ted Bell. Price: $1.99. Genre: MI6 Counter-Terrorism Operative, A Threat to the Prince of England, Recovering from Losing the Woman He’s Loved. It’s Mr. MI6 and not Mr. Prince who’s doing the recovering. The book is rated 4 stars on 76 reviews. 546 pages.
- Now You See Him by Eli Gottlieb. Price: $1. Genre: Suspense Thriller, Love and Paternity, The Human Psyche. The book is rated 3.5 stars on 71 reviews. It has a Starred Review from Publishers Weekly which seems to be handing out stars like a first-grade teacher. 290 pages.
- Devil’s Bride by Stephanie Laurens. Price: $1. Genre: Scandalous Rake, Plucky Governess, Compromising Positions & Surprising Marriage Proposals. Rated 4 stars on 128 reviews. It’s a Regency Romance rated 8 on the Sensuality Scale and 128 on the bathroom scale. 416 pages.
- The Stupidest Angel (Pine Cove) by Christopher Moore. Price: $3.99. Genre: Santa takes a shovel to the head, An Angel is waiting in the Wings, A Horrifying Holiday Party. Rated 4.5 stars on 198 reviews. 320 pages.
Finally, we have two indie novels –
- Initiation (Bonfire Academy Book One) by Imogen Rose. Price: $3.99. Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Love & Romance. Rated 5 stars on 4 reviews. Someone named Red Adept has named this the ‘YA Book of the Year’. Recommended for readers 16 and above. 992 kb in size.
- Imogen Rose had a big hit with Portal which did really well and is currently rated 4 stars on 170 reviews. It’s also $1. Interesting to see her try $3.99. Not sure how it will work in a world where you can sometimes get Pat Conroy for $1.99 and Jack Higgins for $2.99.
- His Wife for a While by Donna Fasano. Price: $1.99. Genre: Contemporary Romance, A Sweet and Wonderful Romance. Rated 4.5 stars on 5 reviews. Donna Fasano has done very well with several of her books. They tend to be rated 4 or 4.5 stars and do well. Actually, here’s the real scoop – Donna Fasano wrote for Harlequin for over 20 years, publishing 32 novels that sold over 3.5 million copies worldwide.
- So it’s worth getting a Donna Fasano book – she’s a bestselling author who used to write for Harlequin. 3.5 million copies sold can’t be wrong.
That’s it for this kindle book deals post.