Wondering what the Kindle 3 looks like?
Well, there’s a painfully exhaustive way to find out.
After taking around 400 Kindle 3 photos and throwing out around 300 here are the Kindle 3 photo sets we have left -
- Kindle 3 Photos – Daytime Kindle 3 photos including each of the three fonts (photos 3, 4, and 5), the largest and smallest font (photos 6 and 7), and a photo of 7 eReaders all in one shot (2nd last photo).
- Kindle 3 Browser Photos – Loads of photos of the Kindle 3 Browser, the new Article Mode, and of various websites loaded in the Browser. Includes close-ups and details on which common sites work and which don’t.
- Kindle 3 vs Nook Photos – Lots of comparisons of Kindle 3 and Nook including thinness (or lack thereof), size, various font sizes, and general desirability.
- Kindle 3 vs Sony 600 Photos – Comparisons at tiny, medium, and largest font sizes and also close-up comparison shots.
- Kindle 3 nighttime photos – Nighttime Kindle 3 photos including a beautiful book cover (photo 3), photos of the new WebKit Browser including Article Mode (photos 4, 5, and 6), and photos of Kindle 3 with the LED reading light on (photos 9 and 10),
- Kindle 3 Comparison photos – Kindle 3 compared against Kindle 2, Kindle 2 US, iPad, Nook (need better photos here), Kindle DX 1, Kindle DX 2, and Sony Reader. There’s even a Kindle 3 vs Kindle 2 vs Kindle DX 1 size comparison shot.
- Kindle Lighted Cover Photos – Photos covering what the case looks like, the leather exterior, what it looks like with the Kindle in it, and most importantly, what it looks like at night with the lights off and the Kindle powered LED light on.
- Kindle 3 Manga Photos – Photos of Manga on the Kindle 3 after using Mangle. Manga shows up well and there are lots of options including zoom and the option to change to landscape orientation.
Those are 60+ of the most illustrative Kindle 3 photos.
Kindle 3 Photo Sets coming soon -
- Kindle 3 vs iPad Photos including browser comparison photos.
- Sets of 3, 4, 5, and more eReaders stacked next to each other.
- Kindle 2 vs Kindle 3.
- Kindle DX vs Kindle 3.
- Whatever Kindle 3 photos you’d like to see.
The Kindle 3 is a lot of fun to shoot. The Kindle 3 photo comparisons that will be really exciting are Nook 2 vs Kindle 3 and Kindle 3 vs Sony 650. Hopefully we get to see those by mid September.